My walk of Faith began on December 14. 2020.
The Friday before, I officiated the graveside service for my Mom's eldest sister.
My Mom had two sisters. She was the "baby sister." Ironically, she transitioned first, followed by the second sister, and finally, Aunt Elsie. Due to social distancing and the like, there was no repast, but my husband invited me to a private repast - just the two of us. We went to a nice restaurant for lunch, after which we headed home. We stayed in all weekend. I noticed that he expressed various complaints, including stomach upset, which we attributed to our meal, not settling well. That Sunday, he complained about a hurting left arm. I missed that one, thinking that it might have been due to the way he slept. In the wee hours of the morning, he told me that he was getting dressed and wanted me to take him to the hospital. I complied. I left him at the door and went to park the car, after which I entered the waiting room. Soon after, a young man entered. We exchanged pleasantries.  

Soon the nurse emerged and informed me that John was having a heart attack in the emergency room, and an ambulance was to transfer him to a hospital that had a Cath Lab. She told me that he would be admitted there.

The young man I mentioned earlier began to pray OUT LOUD for us. Funny, I had not judged him to be the praying type. This is why we must be careful about judging according to appearance.

Once admitted, I was allowed to see him. The doctor informed us that three of four arteries were blocked. He would need emergency bypass surgery. That day would be the last day that I would see him because the hospital was going on lockdown - no visitors.
The doctors performed the surgery the next day, followed by a nine-day hospital stay and subsequent transfer to rehab on the 23rd.

Another threat emerged after he was taken to the rehab facility. He was not responding and there was blood in his stool. The director of the facility called and informed me that he was being rushed back to the hospital.  A sojourn of 12 more days followed. We missed Christmas Eve, Christmas, New We Year's Eve, and New Years Day.

Then, challenges I don't usually have to deal with: The heat going out five days before Christmas, on a Sunday no less. I am grateful for my cousin and the repairman who came to repair it.  

I found myself snowed in on Christmas Day. I had ordered a meal for myself, but I found that I could not pick it up because the snow was too deep for me to get out of the garage. I called the restaurant, explained my situation, and asked if it could be delivered. No problem. It was delivered in record time with no charge, although I did give the delivery person a nice tip. In the meantime, my neighbor and his son cleared the driveway.

I called upon my "Prayin' folk," including my friends at Unity of Massillon, other Unity Churches in the area, and of course, Silent Unity. Prayer has been my constant companion.

In addition to saying the Lord's Prayer, I have been saying the Prayer of Faith by Hannah More Kohaus: (Used during the Silent Unity Burning Bowl Service)

God is my help in every need;
 God does my every hunger feed;
 God walks beside me, guides my way
 Through every moment of this day.
I now am wise, I now am true,
 Patient and kind, and loving, too;
 All things I am, can do, and be,
 Through Christ the Truth, that is in me.
God is my health, I can't be sick;
 God is my strength, unfailing, quick;
 God is my all, I know no fear,
 Since God and Love and Truth are here.

"Knock, and the door shall open. It will, no matter which door you knock on—hope or despair."

I am choosing the door marked hope.